Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

The Power Of Food and Thought - How To Use Them to Create The Body and Life of Your Dreams

Friday, February 24, 2012

see the year over! As I sat there though, knowing I'd turned my corner, drawn my line in the sand, and was completely ready to embrace the wonder and magic of a new year, even I was kind of amazed that I got through that last one without pills, Prozac or piling on the pounds.

There were days I went to bed balling my eyes out and woke up the next morning still crying. Days I didn't think it was possible to get out of bed, let alone function and be the mommy I needed to be to my two sweetheart children. Fleeting moments I wished big black holes existed and months that blurred into oblivion on no more than 4-5hrs of sleep per night. I even had my own "Eat, Pray, Love" moment of sliding down a mouldy shower recess, wailing and begging Spirit to show me how to do this, because I didn't know anymore... more than once.

Being part of a relationship that sucks can do that to you - and by that I mean any relationship. The one we have with a partner, parent, child, colleague, friend, money... and the one we have with self.

Two things got me through that year 1) a commitment to feeding my body what I'd already (thankfully) worked out she does best with... and 2) realising the thoughts I fed myself each day were just as important. For me the second was definitely the trickier of the two and actually became part of the biggest lesson I learned last year - that self-acceptance is a process, not an event, and by creating a different script of how I spoke to myself, life could become full of so much more joy, grace and ease!


I love this quote: "Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be." ~ Henry David Thoreau

I want you to face this one head on. If you're longing for a different body or a different life, there comes a point when you're going to have to decide, "do these belief patterns, or thought patterns I have serve me, or are they hindering me. Are these beliefs empowering me and inspiring me to live my purpose or are they keeping me in that negative downward spiral where I feel like I'm not good enough, smart enough, thin enough, pretty enough, or successful enough?"

Something I discovered a while ago that is so important for anyone trying to create the body, or life, they long for is to trust yourself and believe that you are worthy of a joyful life. If you believe you are worthy of feeling good, vital, whole, healthy and sexy, then you are not going to want to stuff your body full of things that make you look and feel like CRAP!

Now I understand it can be really hard to accept that an over-weight, out of shape, cellulite ridden body is worthy... We think NO WAY! I can't accept that, because if I do I'll become lazy. I'll just lie around and eat even more. But the truth is that when we accept ourselves as we are, exactly as we are, then all of a sudden we want to take great care of ourselves - we want to nurture ourselves. Think for a moment of a child that you love. When you love a child, you naturally want to take amazingly good care of that child, don't you?

Well, I want you to start appreciating your body in exactly the same way, and when you do, your body will start to respond the way you want her to.

Remember your body takes what you say to it personally, so you need to give her positive encouragement, and talk to it the way you would a child that you are a parental figure for, someone who you love and care about - and when you do you'll find that change comes about a lot faster.

Unfortunately most of us talk to ourselves in ways that we wouldn't talk to our worst enemy. But if you're constantly criticising yourself you're going to feel bad, right? And what do we want to do when we feel bad? We want to eat - usually all those things that we know are just going to make us feel worse! What if you started speaking to yourself as you would to your best friend? Imagine what kind of change that would make for you!

I'd also like you to try this on for size - if you're trying to release weight, forget about the weight, and rather concentrate on what you want to create instead - your dream. When you get involved in that bigger idea, what was your problem (your weight, for instance) diminishes its hold on you, because you begin moving at a frequency that is much more compatible with a life you really want to live. Take a moment to think about what you'd love your life to be like and ask yourself, how can I make today a little more like that? What action steps can I start to take, today?

Remember, your weight might just be a symbol of what's weighing you down, of what feels heavy and draining to you. Take some time to look at your life and think about what's missing. What makes you feel fulfilled that you're not doing or having? When we deny our soul's passion, when we are not living our dreams, and not living up to our own potential - that is when dis-ease manifests. As we move further into 2012, I want you to remember you are so much more than your body, and so much more than a number on a scale... and it starts with loving who you are, and doing more of what you love!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6895039

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Most Reading