Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Cure Motion Sickness - 3 Tips to a More Enjoyable Trip

Friday, February 24, 2012

Ever since I was a little boy, I have had probably one of the heavier propensities for sea sickness than anyone I have ever known. From time to time, I also get car sickness, flight sickness, you name it. I guess you could say I am an expert on motion sickness.

In 2006, I went on my first ever cruise. My family and I expected a lovely trip, but my sea sickness would, of course, end up making that an impossibility for me.

Over the past few years, I've taught myself and have been following 3 tips that usually prepare me very well for beating the onset of the motion sickness. After all, if it never starts again, it'll never happen again!

If you are also fighting what seems like an unwinnable battle against motion sickness, try following these 3 suggestions, and I am positive you will see an improvement.


1) Eat a snack before you go out on whatever journey you're starting. Unfortunately, a lot of people actually tell people not to eat before they go out on a trip that would possibly cause motion sickness. Not only are you not supposed to deliberately starve yourself in general, but you also need to make sure you have proper nutrition. Otherwise, you're fighting an even more uphill battle against motion sickness. Eating some chips or any similar snack will help you keep your saliva at a normal level -- a very important aspect of keeping motion sickness in check.

2) Focus your attention not on an object, but a "spot" off in the horizon, directly ahead of you. Many people are lead to believe that they should find some point of interest in to the left or right of them, or even straight ahead of them, then stare at that object for your entire trip. Your movement most of the time will not mirror the movement of an object apart from you, so you shouldn't expect to keep yourself centered to avoid sickness. Relax your body, look directly ahead of you, and try your best to keep your eyes in that position.

3) Bring some peppermint. Peppermint has been proven as a useful "tool" to cure motion sickness for most people, and I know it definitely has worked wonders for me. Just bring a peppermint candy to keep with you while you travel, and take a few sniffs of it every few minutes.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3926906

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Most Reading